Peer pressure in schools. Stress in the workplace. Negative memories you can’t let go of.
Everyone faces personal challenges and their own journey to recovery. One of the things that makes Mental Health First Aid unique is tailored courses that meet the needs of specific populations. Whether you are a young adult in school, public safety officer or living in a rural community, we understand your needs and we aim to train First Aiders to understand them, too.
Here’s how Mental Health First Aid can help you address the diverse needs of a variety of special populations and continue making a difference:
- #BeTheDifference for Veterans: For some members of the military, the struggle doesn’t end when they leave the battlefield. Mental Health First Aid for Military Members, Veterans and their Families teaches people how to notice and respond to signs of mental health and addiction challenges with a specific focus on the cultural factors related to military life.
- #BeTheDifference for Youth: Youth Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour public education program that introduces adults to the distinct risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents, builds understanding of the importance of early intervention and teaches individuals how to help youth in crisis or experiencing a mental health challenge.
- #BeTheDifference for Public Safety: Mental Health First Aid for Public Safety provides law officers and staff with more response options to help them de-escalate incidents and better understand mental illnesses so they can respond to mental health-related situations appropriately without compromising safety.
- #BeTheDifference for Older Adults: Mental Health First Aid for Older Adults addresses the specific mental health challenges people aged 50 and older experience and teaches participants how to notice and respond to an older adult who may be living with a mental illness or addiction.
- #BeTheDifference for Fire and EMS: Mental Health First Aid for Fire and EMS focuses on the experiences and needs of firefighters and EMS personnel and is a valuable resource that can make a difference in their lives, their families’ lives and the communities in which they live.
- #BeTheDifference for Rural Communities: Mental Health First Aid for Rural Communities teaches people how to notice and respond to signs of mental health and addiction challenges with a specific focus on the cultural and environmental factors related to life in rural areas.
- #BeTheDifference for Higher Education: Away from support systems that have been in place for the better part of their lives, college students may be at elevated risk for developing certain mental health and substance use issues. Mental Health First Aid for Higher Education teaches students, professors and other school faculty how to notice and respond to mental health and addiction challenges commonly experienced by youth in higher education settings.
Each of these populations and every person faces a different recovery journey. With Mental Health First Aid training, you can help them take the first step toward recovery. Get trained today and help us as we continue to #BeTheDifference where it’s needed most.