With one in five adults experiencing a mental health challenge each year, we must all advocate for mental health policies that help increase access to care and reduce stigma surrounding mental health and substance use challenges. Here are a few ways you can speak up for mental wellbeing:
- Sign up for advocacy alerts to help urge your elected officials to make meaningful policy changes.
- Share mental health resources with your network via social media.
- Subscribe to the Capitol Connector newsletter to stay in the know on the latest policy news.
- Write your legislator to ensure your voice is heard when it comes to important issues impacting your community.
- Encourage your friends, family and community members to get trained in Mental Health First Aid.
- Apply to become a National Council Ambassador to highlight the local impact of federal policies.
- Donate to The National Council to help us connect people to care, advance health care through advocacy, increase mental health literacy and invest in the mental health and substance use treatment workforce.